Saturday, November 14, 2009

High Involvement product purchased based on Mobile phone advertisements : Since When ??

Traditionally products involving high involvements are generally purchased after due diligence, but today I read this article on ET ( Most Indians buy cars based on mobile phone advertisements ) and was not entirely convinced by the title of the article.


I recently purchased a car and I do not remember relying on advertisements on my mobile phone or relying on any telle-caller's advice to select a car. The investment was made after multiple website visits, feature comparisons across brands across companies. Which was then followed by the test drive and finally the choice was made. Therefore I am skeptical of the fact that mobile phone advertisement actually contributed to the 30% of sales.


I am not trying to lower down the value of the Mobile phones/ Handheld devices in the field of marketing, In fact I am a firm believer that the next revolution in the science of marketing will come from these handheld devices. The ability to personalize and deliver the product/ services message exactly to the intended audience in a way that he can understand and relate to, really excites me, but will it affect 30% of the sales only time can tell

No comments: