Saturday, March 27, 2010

Too Much Exposure causes Fatigue...

IPL 3 is on and it has swept the entire country in cricket fever .. or has it ? Well I am a ardent follower of cricket but I think that too much of cricket is somehow decreasing my interest in watching the game on television. I call this overexposure, I think the same logic can be applied to the shows like American Idol , Indian Idol and the string of other reality shows..... after a period of time nobody cares !!!
Owing to the same reasons companies keep changing their advertisements and try to come up with innovative campaigns .. Vodafone's Zoozoo is a perfect example. The first time they were introduced they were a rage .. but now their uniqueness is gone and they are like any other ads.
The take from this as I see, keep innovating and avoid overexposure ..this will ensure that the customers are not getting used to or being apathetic

No comments: